Andrei Jipa is a doctoral student with Digital Building Technologies. He studied architecture at the Ion Mincu University in Bucharest, the University of Sheffield and the University of Westminster in London. After his diploma, he founded jamD, a digital fabrication and parametric design studio based in London and taught Computational Design to MArch and MSc students at the University of Westminster. His current research focuses on 3D-printed formwork for functional concrete building components.
- Jipa, Andrei, Mathias Bernhard, Benjamin Dillenburger, Mania Meibodi, and Mania Aghaei-Meibodi. 2016. “3D-Printed Stay-in-Place Formwork for Topologically Optimized Concrete Slabs.” In 2016 TxA Emerging Design + Technology, edited by Kory Bieg, 96–107. San Antonio, Texas, USA.
- Ruffray, N., Bernhard, M., Jipa, A., Aghaei-Meibodi, M., Taisne, N. M. d., Stutz, F., Wangler, T., Flatt, R., Dillenburger, B. (2017). Complex architectural elements from HPFRC and 3D printed sandstone. Paper presented at the RILEM Symposium on Ultra-High Performance Fibre-Reinforced Concrete, Montpellier, France.
- Jipa, A., Bernhard, M., Ruffray, N., Wangler, T., Flatt, R., & Dillenburger, B. (2017, 22-24, November, 2017 ). skelETHon Formwork. Paper presented at the SIGraDi 2017, XXI Congreso de la Sociedad Ibero-americana de Gráfica Digital, Concepción, Chile.
- Aghaei Meibodi, Mania, Mathias Bernhard, Benjamin Dillenburger and Andrei Jipa. 2017. “The Smart Takes from the Strong”. Fabricate 2017
- Jipa, Andrei, Mathias Bernhard, and Benjamin Dillenburger. 2017. “Submillimeter Formwork. 3D Printed Plastic Formwork for Concrete Elements.” In TxA Emerging Design + Technology, edited by Kory Bieg, Austin, Texas, USA: Texas Society of Architects. Read the full paper here.
- Aghaei Meibodi, Mania, Andrei Jipa, Rena Giesecke, Demetris Shammas, Mathias Bernhard, Matthias Leschok, Konrad Graser, Benjamin Dillenburger. 2018. “Smart Slab: Computational Design and Digital Fabrication of a Lightweight Concrete Slab.” In ACADIA 2018: Re/Calibration: On Imprecision and Infidelity, edited by Andrew John Anzalone, Phillip; Del Signore, Marcella; Wit, 320–27. Mexico City, Mexico: Association for Computer-Aided […]
- Jipa, Andrei, Mania Aghaei Meibodi, Rena Giesecke, Demetris Shammas, Matthias Leschok, Mathias Bernhard, and Benjamin Dillenburger. 2018. “3D Printed Formwork for Prefabricated Concrete Slabs.” 1st International Conference on 3D Construction Printing (3DcP 2018), Melbourne, Australia, November 25-28, 2018. http://hdl.handle.net/20.500.11850/326671.