Andrei Jipa is a Doctoral student at the chair for Digital Building Technologies, ITA at the D-ARCH, ETH Zurich. He studied architecture at Ion Mincu University in Bucharest, University of Sheffield and University of Westminster in London. After his diploma, he founded jamD, a digital fabrication and parametric design studio based in London. As a Visiting Lecturer, Andrei taught Computational Design to MArch and MSc students at the University of Westminster. His current research focuses on 3D sand-print composites for the construction of full scale functional building components.
- Jipa, Andrei, Mathias Bernhard, Benjamin Dillenburger and Mania Aghaei-Meibodi. 2016. “3D Printed Stay-in-Place Formwork for Topologically Optimised Concrete Slabs”. TxA: Emerging Design and Technology 2016, San Antonio, Texas, submitted / to be published
- Ruffray, N., Bernhard, M., Jipa, A., Aghaei-Meibodi, M., Taisne, N. M. d., Stutz, F., Wangler, T., Flatt, R., Dillenburger, B. (2017). Complex architectural elements from HPFRC and 3D printed sandstone. Paper presented at the RILEM Symposium on Ultra-High Performance Fibre-Reinforced Concrete, Montpellier, France. Test
- Ruffray, Nicolas, Mathias Bernhard, Andrei Jipa, Neil Montague de Taisne, Felix Stutz, Timothy Wangler, Robert Flatt and Benjamin Dillenburger. 2017. “Complex architectural elements from UHPFRC and 3D printed sandstone”. RILEM, the French Association for Civil Engineering – UHPFRC: 2017., Abstract Accepted
- Jipa, A., Bernhard, M., Ruffray, N., Wangler, T., Flatt, R., & Dillenburger, B. (2017, 22-24, November, 2017 ). skelETHon Formwork. Paper presented at the SIGraDi 2017, XXI Congreso de la Sociedad Ibero-americana de Gráfica Digital, Concepción, Chile.
- Aghaei Meibodi, Mania, Mathias Bernhard, Benjamin Dillenburger and Andrei Jipa. 2017. “The Smart Takes from the Strong”. Fabricate 2017, accepted test